Sunday, April 01, 2018

Happy Easter

Hello Friends!!
I hope everyone is having an Awesome Easter!
I spent the past week working on these two Angels to hang in our church for today's services.

 I have been part of the Worship committee that does the decor for our Church.  I thought it would be cool to have Angels on either side of the cross that hangs in our church for the Easter Service.  So I Volunteered myself and my Friend Chuck to do these.
Lucky for me...I know what Chuck's super powers are.  
 All my regular followers know I am a pretty messy artist...and can't seem to find anything when I need it.  So the first thing I did was spend 45 min looking for my projector.  I sent the two images of the angels that I did over to Chuck.  When I showed up at his house...he had the wood already in place and had his projector with the image projected on it.  Which was awesome...because I never did find my projector...lol.  
Chuck and I painted the board we used with a white primer filler.
It took for ever to dry because it was cold out :0)  Then we did a couple base coats of white.  Then I traced both the images.  Then Chuck cut them out for me.  I just held on to the wood :0)
Moved the pieces to my Dining Room table and started painting.  Decided to keep things simple...and just paint the skin and hair colors....and keep the rest white.
Each Angel measures not quite 4ft across and 4 ft down.


I have also spent the last couple weeks designing Patches for our Order of the Arrow Lodge.  I will share those with you later this week.  So even though I have not been able to make anything for my Etsy shop....I have still found some time to be creative :0)
Hope you have a great Easter!
Hugs!!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Awesome job Heather!! Love them. Great to see you are finding time to have some creative fun.
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather