Monday, November 08, 2010

My First Swirlydoo kit .....November "Irresistible" Lay out

I finally ordered a kit from Swirlydoos last week.  It was delivered on Saturday (while I was at work).  I was so excited to open it up on Sunday.  My parents came for a visit, and after they left, I started on my first layout.
I started out with the awesome Pink Paislee "House of Three"  Parisian Anthology papers.  You can see above how the paper has the resist elements in the corners.  I inked the whole page using Ranger's Distress inks in:  Worn lipstick, peeled paint, vintage photo, old paper, and scattered straw.  
First I scanned an old Wedding photo of mine.  Then I used Picasa to edit the photo (change to sepia tones).  You will notice I used my favorite background stamp (that I carved myself) to add gold embossing around the edges of the paper.  I also used Stazon Jet black ink, and a few other stamps I carved to stamp all over the paper.  I distressed the edges of all paper with scissors.  I wadded it up into a ball, so I could ink all the little lines it created.
The "Dusty Attic' chipboard I embossed in black.  I also spray painted the Teresa Collins Blingage...black.  The circle around the photo is Pink Paislee's Artisan Elements, circles.  These along with the tickets that I altered  and the white trim, all came in my Swirlydoos kit.  Along with the cameo.
In the upper right you will see I used Karen Foster's "Page pin ups" in black.  These are really kewl!  Prima flowers, some leaves, tiny roses and charms all came from Michaels.  I also used some antique buttons!  I love buttons!
I added out Initials in the upper left.  I also used some pip berry twigs that I got from JoAnns (I took a "pick" and tore it apart).
I am happy with how this turned out.  Thanks for looking, and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather