Today we have some exciting news at Sugar Creek Hollow!!
Sugar Creek Hollow is holding a Design Team call. We are looking for three (3) individuals to join the Sugar Creek Hollow Design Team. The successful applicant does not have to have Design Team experience but must have an active blog and be creative, enthusiastic and punctual. We will be moving to challenges every two weeks beginning in May.
I would really encourage all my friends who love to create cards and altered art in the Vintage or Shabby Chic style to apply!! Sugar Creek Hollow was the first Challenge blog that I had the honor to Design For. It is hard to believe but my first post for Sugar Creek Hollow was
I can remember it, because that was back when I first decided to actually try out for a Design Team. I had decided (last minute of course because that is how I create....last minute) to try out for the Shabby Tea Room challenge blog. Of course I never said anything, but obviously I didn't make the Design team. Let's just say I was a little bummed out about it, because I thought I would fit in well there. At that time I had no idea...that there was actually another weekly Challenge Blog that I actually fit into better! That was Sugar Creek Hollow (vintage style...and I may be shabby at times...but more so vintage). I would not of found SCH if it had not been for the Shabby Tea Room call. I visited Debbie's blog,( she runs the tea room challenge and she gave me some tips on how to take better photos)..and noticed she had entered a challenge at SCH.....that is when I knew...that was the place for me. So...what is the moral of my little story? Go ahead and try out for Design Teams....maybe you won't make the team, but you should NEVER think that you are not good enough...it may just be that your style is not what they are looking for...and there is somewhere you fit better just waiting for you!! Took me a while to figure this out.....LOL...but really it is true. I am hoping to take on a new role at SCH....in that I hope to sponsor some of the challenges. I am sooo excited about creating more digital collage sheets and offering them as prizes!! So I really hope that if you have been playing along at SCH...that you will apply!! You will LOVE it there...Cec and the rest of the galz are all really fun to work with!!
Here is what you need to do.
The successful applicant must be willing and able to do the following:
- Create in a vintage and/or shabby chic style
- Commit to an initial term from May 4 to October 19, 2013, inclusive
- Create and blog one project every two weeks (further requirements such as a blog hop may come up once in a while)
- Take good photos and submit them on time (By 7:00 pm EST on the Wednesday prior to the challenge)
- Use sponsor images when provided
- Comment on assigned challenge entries (we have a rotation system so you will not be required to comment on every entry unless you wish to)
- Respond to all emails and requests for information on time
To apply - send an email with Design Team Call in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your blog URL and links to any online galleries you might have
- Three (3) samples of your best vintage and/or shabby chic work
- A list of your past and present Design Teams (if any)
- A little bit about you
- A brief note about why you would like to be part of the Sugar Creek Hollow team
Thank you for visiting me today!!