Thursday, November 21, 2013

Vintage Candy Cane & Christmas Holly Ornament Tutorial Collage Sheet

Hello Friends!!
I hope you are having a fabulous day!!
Today I have an easy peasy Vintage Candy Cane & Christmas Holly Ornament that I am going to show you how to make.
 Page Two Larger Candy Canes
Here is what your ornament can look.
Pin It!
Tutorial
First you will want to print out your page and cut out your pieces.  On the sheet I have included a "Merry Christmas" for both the front and back, or you can choose to use a "Merry Christmas" on one side and the "Personalize it Holly Piece."  
Your choice!
Next you will want to glue your candy cane pieces together using your Art Glitter Designer dries clear Glue & Ultra fine Metal Tip.
This way you know your pieces will stay together!

Then ink the edges of all of your pieces with Ranger's Vintage Photo distress ink.  Use your crop o dile or hole punch to punch a hole at the top of candy cane and tag piece.  You will also need to punch one at the bottom of the candy cane (I forgot...lol).  Add some Designer dries clear glue with your fine tip applicator to the red areas of the candy cane, please refer to photo below for placement.  You will do this to both sides of your piece!
You will add #349 Garnet glitter to these areas.  Next you will add glue to your holly, and then apply #295 Ensalada glitter.
Next you will add glue to the white areas, including a little dot of glue on each holly berry and around the "Merry Christmas & Personalized Holly" pieces.  Add #208 Fauna glitter to these areas.
This is what it will look like before you remove your excess glitter :0).  I used some gold jewelry wire to attach my pieces together.  I used three beads, and I curliqued my ends.
Use a soft hair bristled brush to remove excess glitter once the glue has dried.  I used some copper beading wire to add a couple beads, and to create my hanger.  You can watch one of my other Christmas Ornament Tutorials to see how I do this.
The red swirls ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
The pearls and beads I bought from my local Joanns and Michaels stores.
Above is a close up of my wiring....and glittery goodness!
Below is a close up of the bottom front!  You can have the same thing on the back, or ...
opt for the personalized holly piece like I did.
Here is a close up of the center.

I will be sharing with
Brag Monday at the Graphic Fairy


Thank you for Visiting!!
Hugs
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love your background and that holly/berry cluster!
    BOLB Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...and the beads and ribbon are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collage sheet and beautiful ornament. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornament turned out really pretty. I love the added glitter and beads.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather