Sunday, November 30, 2014

10 of my Favorite Projects using Chipboard

Hello Friends!!
The other day I just happen to run across the
 Design Team Call at Imaginarium Chipboard through Facebook, and I figured it would not hurt to try out for their Design Team...who wouldn't want to have some fabulous Chipboard to play with!!
Here are my 10 Favorite Projects using Chipboard.

#1  My most favorite Chipboard project is My Mother's Day Card.

Here is a close up of the Chipboard piece.  
It was hand painted to look like a fancy basket of rose buds, glossed and then embellished with Liquid Pearls.

#2 My "Parent's Renew Wedding Vows"  Lay Out
I just loved playing with the chipboard on this layout.  I had all of these scraps and the negative pieces left over, so I decided to emboss them all in a beautiful Gold color and then embellish the pieces with transparent champagne colored glass seed beads.
Here is a close up of one of the negative pieces (used at bottom of photo) and border pieces (across the bottom of my LO page).
#3 Vintage Inspired Easel Card
 Here I went simple but created a statement using Gold Embossing Powder on the word "handsome" and Scroll work piece upper Right.

#4 Layout that I did of my Beautiful Boys
I did this piece for my Local Scrapbook Store.  The large chipboard frame was covered with patterned paper, then stamped with a stamp I carved.  Next I doodled on it with a Perfect Medium Pen and embossed it with Perfect pearls gold powder.  Finally I painted a Rose and leaves in the lower right corner.  UTEE was used to give it a glossy Victorian feel.   The inner square chipboard frame (set on point in photo) was covered in torn paper, stamped and covered in UTEE.
Close up of Rose and Scrollwork Chipboard piece.
The Scrollwork was painted cream, then shaded with brown.  Covered in UTEE and then embellished with Liquid pearls.
#5 Mother's Day Layout
Butterfly chipboard in upper Right, and Mother's day sentiment, as well as the large scrolls were all hand painted to match the color of the paper.  The butterfly was shaded with paint, then embellished with liquid pearls.  Again I used a Perfect Medium Pen on the Mother's day Sentiment, and embossed with gold perfect pearls powder.
Additional layers of comma strokes of paint were added to the scroll pieces and topped off with dots of liquid pearls to add depth.
#6 Looking for the Siren Lay Out
 The scroll chipboard pieces reminded me of Splashes of water...so they were painted blue, then shaded and highlighted.  Glitter was added and then I covered the chipboard pieces in UTEE.  
Close up of one of the Chipboard Splashes.
#7 Chipboard pieces from my Garden Layout
Butterfly embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
  Centers of Dragonflies embossed with Gold embossing powder.  Wings embossed with Red embossing powder. 
#8 Believe Sign (beauty)
Sign painted.  "Believe" chipboard covered with paint and then covered with transparent glitter.  The letters outlined with glue and then I applied darker green glitter.  
Close up below.
#9  Pillow Box Ornament & Additional Painted Chipboard Pieces
I painted a couple pieces of Chipboard and used one of them on my Christmas Pillow Box.
Here is a close up of the piece. 
You can see all four pieces that I painted below.  After painting, Ranger's Crackle Glossy Accents was applied. 
 Here is a Video Tutorial, showing you how to paint the pieces yourself.

#10 Winter White Warm Delight Snowman Tag

I hand painted  the chipboard "Joy" and snowflakes with cream paint and then shaded them with brown.  Then added some touches of brown glitter.
Closeups
Close up
Close up
Here are a couple of photos of a few pieces of Chipboard that I will be using in projects later this week :0)
Winter Blue Snowflakes
Shabby Chic Blue & Pink
 Christmas Holly Vine
One last piece from an old layout
Thank you visiting my blog today!!
Hugs!!
Heather

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.....I think I got them all! :)
    Can't wait to see what you do with the extra's you have painted!
    BOLB Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to echo Carol's comment above. LOVE them all! Your colour choices are fabulous, swooning at those snowflakes and holly. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a lovely distinctive style! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness Heather they should most definitely choose you! these projects are gorgeous, refined, sophisticated, creative and simply wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all SO beautiful...I'm sure you'll be on that DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine that you would not make the team. You're a natural at this and your style is beyond amazing! Gorgeous projects, each and every one. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather