Friday, January 13, 2012

Gecko Galz Challenge at Bella Creations Bingo Valentine Card

Hello Friends :0)
My new camera finally arrived.
Thank you! Thank you! to my DH for the new camera.
So now I can get back to posting photos.
This month for the Oh la la Challenge at Bella Creations, I chose a Bingo Card image from Gecko Gals.  This month I am pretty open about your creations.  It can be anything, but 
NO CARDS or LAYOUTS.
There are plenty of other challenges at Bella's where you can create one of the above :0).
Here is the collage sheet that I created for the challenge, you can visit the forum at Bellas to the unwatermark version.
I bought myself a new digital cutter for Christmas.  I finally had some time this past week to figure out how to use it :0).
I took my Cricut expression (that I never used) to one of my girlfriends (for her daughter)..and we did some trading...for her DH Veterinary service for the kitty we rescued :0)  Great trade if I do say so myself.  
Now I will have my Silhouette SD and  my new Black Cat Cougar.
I did purchase the "Make the Cut program"   but it is not quite the Silhouette Studio program I am used to.  After a lot of trying things out, I have my first "Make the cut" / "Black Cat Cougar" project.
Here it is below.
The flowers and pearl trims all came from Pro 31 Designs Etsy store.  The back is exactly the same as the front.
I inked all the edges of all my pieces with Ranger's Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I used Art Glitter Glue with an adapter and Martha Stewart glitters in Red and Black.  
The heart is one I created in GIMP.  I used a text brush to create some writing on it :0)
I used a perfect medium pen and perfect pearls in perfect copper (Ranger) to create faux stitching around the heart.  I used liquid pearls in bisque for the center of the clear crystal flower.  My sentiment is : 
 Sweetheart, I have all your lucky numbers covered :0)
I created the text boxes in GIMP as well.  
All the paper pieces were cut out with my new 
Black Cat Cougar.
I would love to see what you can come up with using the Bingo image above.  So stop by Bella Creations and share your creation with us.  The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will receive a free set of ephemera (your choice) from Gecko Galz.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Heather! You are a master at all these pockets you make! I think I might have to give one a try soon.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Sooo, you got a new cutting machine. The DH and SIL bought me a Cricut expressions. It's a good place for me to start! I really need to pop over to Bella and work this challenge. I'm attempting to participate in more challenges this year.

    I'm also hosting a huge giveaway, stop by and enter!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-huge-giveaway-what-do-you-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous work about valentine. Do it also on valentine crystal bag , it will be outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Heather these are adorable. I love all the great embellishments and textures. Very nice hun!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather