Monday, September 08, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Hello Friends!!
I hope you are having a fabby day!
I was invited to join this blog hop by my
Carol wrote a lot of nice things about me in her blog post and to be honest she keeps me going crafty wise :0)
Carol and I have become very close online friends.
I know I can count on her to try out the collage sheets that I design and come up with wonderful creations!   I am so glad that she is part of my design team. 
Carol always seems to find the time to create wonderful things for her friends and family!  I know I can always visit her blog and find wonderful inspiration!!
So please stop by Carol's blog Scrappydayz
I am supposed to answer a few questions about myself, so here it goes.
What am I working on right now?
Well, I have taken the summer off from paper crafting.  I picked up a few pieces of furniture that I plan on painting.
I started painting a couple of the pieces.  I do have one collage sheet that I recently put together.
I also just created a new blog background for September :0)
What is my style?
I would have to say that I love the Victorian/Vintage and even Primitive Styles.  Mixed with Shabby Chic.  All of my painting, paper crafting, digital work and decorating all fall into these categories. 
Here are a couple new tole trays that I have added to my collection.  I have decided to continue my collection in my kitchen.  The large Green one at the top is my favorite.  I am hoping to use it as an inspiration piece to paint one similar myself.  
Here is a look at an antique painting that I purchased and placed in one of my many empty frames.  I was so happy that it fit!  Now I just need to make a new hanger for it.
How does my creative process work?
I will admit that I am a last minute artist :0)
Well, kind of anyways.  I am on a couple of design teams and usually am creating for a challenge we will be having.  So I will ponder in my head a couple of ideas of what I would like to do, and normally the night before my piece is do...I will whip up my creation...lol.  I have done a few things in advance, but it so hard to not share right away what I have worked on...lol.

I love to find inspiration in things that I have around my home, my mom's home and from things that my friends create.
So I would love it if you would stop by their blogs and see the things my friends do to inspire me.
Sandi was the first person to give me my chance to become part of a design team.  She has all kinds of wonderful things that she plays with and she inspires me all the time to try new things.  She also has a wonderful collection of old images that she has allowed to me to play digitally play with.
Leanne is the owner of Gecko Galz, and has provided me with tons of images to play with :0)  Her's was the first DT that I actually tried out for and made :0)  She even has freebies on her blog that you too can play with!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! Funny you should mention my family projects, some are in the mail as we speak, more to mail & I 'm working on something at my desk for one of my girlies now! LOL
    Yay, new digi's to play with!
    Love those trays, can't wait to see yours and that new furniture!
    Love the new blog background!
    BOLB Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather