Sunday, December 05, 2010

365 Cards Day 277 Challenge: Reading

My Mojo and I have been having a great time...the Christmas music is still playing...it is snowing outside...and the time is just slipping by.
This card is my take of the
When I read ...I like to sit in a special chair...surrounded by beautiful things.  In my card I have things that I have been reading about lately.  Going through my "Christmas Past" favorite cookie recipes.  Looking at old Christmas Card "Memories"...and newly..following the 
Here is a close up
Okay....so there are the photos of my card....for those of you just stopping by for a short visit.
Those of you who would like to see some of this card in progress, please continue reading.
Again...I used my Fav tool....my Silhouette SD to create my outlines.  
Here is another tip...I use my handy "Stone Scraper" that I got from Pampered Chef a gazillion years ago to make sure that my paper is well adhered to my cutting mat.  I do this every time now...it is worth it.  Nothing worse than your paper coming off...and getting jammed (I know).  You could use a credit card...or anything that will allow you to do a scraping type motion...without ruining your paper.  
If you look at my page...you can see the three registration marks 
(2 on the left and 1 on the bottom right).  These are the marks that the Silhouette uses to "Know" where your printed images are to be cut.  This machine is Awesome!  I would recommend getting one.
Again...I made sure that I have "2" outlines around my image...that way it cuts twice...and is easy peasy..to get off the mat.  In my 
Earlier Post today I went into more information about that.
Here are my pieces  :-)
The teacup...I purchased from the online Silhouette SD store...which you can get to through your Robo Master program or your Silhouette Studio software.  The candle is from the earlier post that is highlighted above.  The book shape I just created using the "Rounded Rectangle" tool in Robo Master.  I used a font that I downloaded from the Silhouette SD online store...same for the black shape.
I decided to get my Copic Markers out.  If you are interested in the colors I used...just post a comment and I will let you know.  I decided to color a simple flower on my tea cup.
Here you can see I stamped the background with Vintage photo and a flourish stamp (I have no idea who it is by...sorry).  I used Stazon in Jet Black and my fav "background stamp" that I carved on the card itself.  All pieces were then inked (the edges) with Ranger's Vintage photo distress ink.

I used stickles in Barn Door on the candle and Antique Linen around the tea cup.  I sprayed the tiny rose with Ranger's new Perfect Pearls mist in perfect copper.
Thanks for visiting!
Hope this inspires you to be creative today!
Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather