I am sooooo excited! Today I took the time to go over and read Tim's Blog and looked up his
I must give credit to my girlfriend Helene (aka 2amScrapper), because she put it in her New Year's Resolutions to do the Tim Tags. When I saw her post, I remembered I wanted to try some Tim Tags.
Here it is....a little Different of course...because I got to things my own style...LOL.
You know I am a last minute kind of gal, although I am trying really hard to get things done ahead of time (I already have my RRR project done for Friday...wooo hooo)!
I stopped by Joann's and Michael's to pick up some of the #8 tags Tim uses, and some distress stains (specifically the metallic)..and of course they didn't have them...LOL. Go Figure!
I did get the tags. I cut the top of my embossing folders...what a smart guy he is...although I didn't use the same one (I have the one he used..just didn't feel like using it). I inked the tag with Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Vintage photo distress inks (my fav color combo). I then used a tiny mister to add some water, used my Heat it tool and I was good to go. Next I found the letter "h" from one of Ranger's grunge board pack (right now my stuff is a mess...so no time to look for the plain grunge board I know I have). I used distress stain in vintage photo, then used my Ranger sander. Next I applied some ranger embossing powder in Seafoam, and then did some more sanding then added some Perfect pearls mist in Heirloom Gold. Did a little more sanding.
(I know I keep saying this..but I really need to get new glasses, because I had no idea there were glue strings stuck to my Burgundy leaves...LOL...which are from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I took the The vintage seam binding in cream (also from RRR), and stamped it using Archival Jet Black ink from Ranger, using one of the stamps that I drew out and carved myself. I then spritzed it with Butterscotch mist from Ranger.
I used a Ranger die, cut it in half (swirls one), and did the same technique I used on the letter "h", but this was some recycled paper that was sitting next to me on the floor (you know I can be lazy that way). I sanded it and had LOTS of fun..LOL.
Tim cut out a piece of extra tag, and I decided to use some left over pieces from the collage sheet that I made for my Bff's Valentine's Day card....you can see the card here....and get the collage sheet here. You can see in the photo here a couple more stamps that I drew and carved...again I used the archival jet black ink from Ranger. I also decided to outline my heart with some perfect pearls in perfect copper. I simply used a perfect medium pen, drew on my lines, used the brushes from ranger to apply and take off the excess. Then I added a metal flower....I have gears...but I like flowers better :0)
I added some of the film strip to the lower right, as well as to the upper left of my tag. I used that fancy red tape stuff he used that I have sitting in the package...not opened. That is some great stuff! Very easy to peel off the red tape (why didn't you guys tell me this...lol). Of course there are some of my favorite Champagne pearls to the left :0).
Abover you can see a few spots..and part of the "h" and of course the text boxes as well as a touch of my favorite Juliet Lace.
Here is another photo of the whole tag.
I forgot to mention I used some tiny metal clip ..didn't have the same one's Tim used...but I believe I will be getting some.
So...Thanks to Helene...and my BOLB Carol...for reminding me that I wanted to try a Tim tag...even if it is Heathery.
Thank you Tim...I had a Great time playing!
I will be sharing with the
Thank you for visiting!!