Monday, January 20, 2014

Victorian Inspired Vintage Chic Romantic Amour Valentine's day Banner & Challenge at Creative Cuts

Hello Friends!!
I hope you are having a fabulous day!
Today's post is all about AMOUR...or Love...but Amour sounds more lovely..lol.
Today I would like to share with you a Victorian Inspired Romantic Valentine's Day Banner that I created for our 
All you need to do is create a Valentine's Day themed project using an SVG file.  Then get some photos and link up!!
I can't wait to see what you create!!
On to the Banner
It is sooo hard to get a great photo of a banner in Michigan this time of year!  Actually any time of year...LOL.
Here are some close ups of my banner and specifically Cindy's SVG file pieces.
Yummy Delish!!  It alone would be a splendid Valentine gift.  I just love LOVE these colors.  Let me tell you how I went about creating this.  I used my Primitive Heart Pocket, for the base of my center piece, I layered in a cream scallop circle, then I added the cupid tags for my focal, and used my perfect layer's ruler to create an 1/8 inch mat around it from one of my Shabby Blue Sparrow Tail banner pieces. I  Then layered on one of my Banners, using pop dots, so the tag will slide in and out okay.  Added the letters for "Peter" from  my
I used Cindy's svg file and cut out the LOVE, hearts and cupid from the larger size banner pieces.  That way everything would match nicely.

See how my sweet little tag comes out.

BTW...Peter is my Sweetheart :0)




Banner Pieces Left to Right

Honestly each one would look great alone as a tag.

Or...just use all the same shapes and create a same shaped banner.


Chocolate Scallop Base, ivory scallop, topped with a Banners, then the cupid tags (again matted with the shabby blue like above).  Hearts cut from the Pink and Chocolate Sparrow Banner sheets.  Ivory Alphabet boxes were used to spell out "Kiss"
I used the same Art Glitters through out my project.  #261 Storm

Pink Heart Base, BannersValentine Scallop Focals, and  Conversation Hearts sheets were used on this banner piece as well as the one below. I have more mulberry roses, peppermint baker's twine, and button from RRR.
I used my Bow-It-All tool to tie my bows!  
Awww...too cute!!  LOL...
Here is the last banner piece

Chocolate Scallop Base, ivory scallop, topped with a Banners, then the cupid tags (again matted with the shabby blue like above).  Hearts cut from the Pink and Chocolate Sparrow Banner sheets.  Ivory Alphabet boxes were used to spell out "XOXO"

I cut the Juliet lace, each scallop, then cut them at an angle, so they look like a little bow under my button at the top.

Photos of the banner 

Left to Right


Next


Next


Last Pieces
I hope that you have enjoyed my Post today!
I hope that you will come and join me for our
Valentine Challenge at the
I can't wait to see what you link up!
I will be playing along in the following challenges
Amour...which is LOVE in French..and my banner is all about it!
My images are all ALTERED Digital ART that I have created.

Before you go, you can check out my banner on my Youtube.
Thank you so much for visiting!!
Hugs
Heather

19 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful project! Spotted it on MIM XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! This is such an amazing project...absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning. Love it! Thanks for playing along at MTTC this week. Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious Valentines banner - it's just delightful! Thanks so much for sharing this incredible project in our challenge.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. can't help but repeat others, but WOW. This is the most romantic, stunning, gorgeous banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ao beautiful..........I wish I had that hanging on my mantel.
    great job
    creative hugs xo
    join my blog
    http://defuscodesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another delightful and scrumptious work of art. I would leave it up all year. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:18 AM

    Saw this on MIM and came for a closer look, just beautiful
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly STUNNING!!! So beautifully vintage & romantic with so many gorgeous elements! Popped over from MIM :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather,

    Your Valentine banner is gorgeous and so vintage! I adore all those papers you used. I invite you to stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow. This is stunning Heather. So many beautiful embellishments to make this fabulous banner.
    I saw this on MIM and had to take a closer look.
    Hugs Sharon. x
    {Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally stunning Heather
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a stunning Vintage work of art! Love all the layers and details! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I am amazed at your creation. It sure looks like it took you a lot of time to get this project done. So much goodness in every section. Love it! So glad you linked up with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We are so blessed with your creativity. Love to encourage you with God's Word in 1 John 3:1 which says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God." Have an awesome week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:48 PM

    WOW! The detail in this is just incredible!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow georgous, soft and elegant...beautiful blog you have...found you on Simon Says challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable banner and tag. Saw it on MIM. #4.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. this is such a stunning creation! What a gorgeous banners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely incredible. I enjoyed every photo. You are crazy talented. I saw this on MIM and had to stop by to get more details!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather