Saturday, October 23, 2010

GIMP: My First Floral Creations (a post from a past blog)

This is the first little Rose that I drew and painted with GIMP. I love it. I really didn't know what I was doing, but figured the only way I would be able to figure out what I was doing ...is to just do something...lol. I did print a bunch of these out and antiqued them...they look awesome!
The rose below was done to use at the top of a tag. When I made it...I was having trouble with the palette. So maybe now that I have that figured out.....I will go back and fix it. Luckily I saved it in layers....so I can just change them! There is some pretty scary blending going on there...lol (or lack there of).





This was my second attempt of playing with GIMP. I really like it too. I just couldn't figure out how to save the colors I was using so it took quite a while...having to search for the colors again and again. My DH showed me how to make my own palette and I started on another rose...only to find out that GIMP doesn't have an auto save. So after spending an hour on a painting...it was lost due to the program deciding to close...lol. Lesson learned ...SAVE your work...lol.
The following rose was my third rose. I really like the colors on this one. Luckily I was able to save my palette....so I could use it again. Painting on the computer is much less messy (-: It still takes a long time...but there isn't any cleanup.



Here is GIMP Rose #4. I love it too. I learned this time how to change from gray scale to RGB. Every time I started to paint...shades of gray would show up. Of course my DH (Pete) helped me out with that. I hope with my next practice rose...to use the layer option more....so that I can practice background colors. Fun, Fun, Fun! Have a great day!





1 comment:

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather