Monday, April 18, 2011

Micupoftea Easel Card

I have another card.  This one is for a couple challenges.  I was inspired to create this card by my friend Shawn AKA Micupoftea.
Her Challenge over at Bella's is to use an umbrella in your project.
I figured I would combine the challenge by using some 
 Fancy Fold Easel Card at 365 Cards.  I put all three challenges together and this is what I came up with.
First off, I have known since the beginning of April about Shawn's Challenge, so I have spent some time altering images from
The flip side of this Glamorous teacup.
I did a lot of altering on this one.  I used used the image I created of the teacup with the umbrella, and stuck it in this sweet ladies hand (liked it better than the one she was holding).
I added a lot more color to the umbrella, so it would go with my teacup  :-)

 Used this...with a little tweaking.
The program I used to make all my changes is Gimp!
It is a fun FREE program.  Just download.
  Here are the pieces I created using the Print and cut feature of my Silhouette SD.
Here is the front of my card, it is still wet, so I will have to wait to decorate the inside.
Shawn just loves the details...so...here are some.  I inked the edges of the center piece with Vintage photo.  The other pieces were all inked with Dew Drops Brilliance in Pearlescent Crimson.  I also used my favorite background stamp to stamp on the purple and blue pps too.  I then use Smooch Pearlized accent ink from my Swirlydoos kit (a purple color) to doodle some design around the edges of my card.  It really added to the card!  I used Liquid pearls in Bisque to add some depth.
The saying on the card front reads..."Inking and Stamping are Relaxing to me."
The inside image is the lady holding her cup of tea...and it says.
"I'll take a Fancy Umbrella with"  
When I found out the challenge was an umbrella I knew immediately thought of those cute little umbrellas they put in fancy drinks.  I thought...Fancy umbrella....Fancy teacup.  Perfect for Shawn.
Here is the inside of the card.
I used the same inks, and smooch here as mentioned above.  I did use pop dots under the bottom piece so that it was raised.  Here is a close up of the words.
So ...when you read it all...the card says:  "Inking and Stamping are Relaxing to me....I'll take a Fancy Umbrella with Micupoftea."  Get it...Shawn's user id...sometimes I just impress myself...little things like this...just make me SMILE :-)
Thanks for visiting!
You will love it!
Hugs!


3 comments:

  1. LOL You are so clever! I love it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Heather, you are clever, creative, artistic, thoughtful and FUNNY! THANKS so much for the details...haha...you are right, I want to know!! Our toilet backed up/flooded this a.m., so my day started out with aggravation & wet towels! But your sweet personality and wonderful card just made me smile and changed my mood!! Love the sentiment, girl~ You are awesome!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very clever and cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather