Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Annie's Birthday Card

For the past couple of days I have been in a "Depressed for who knows why" state.  I had been thinking of making a card for a friend for her birthday...but not really into it.  Last night I finally felt like getting started (I had gathered photos from her Facebook page on Monday).
Let me start off by saying that Annie is a "Really Fun" person.  She loves Color and Art.  She is also the most giving person I know...we should all strive to be like her.  I decided to pick out some fun papers and do something different.
 I started out using my Silhouette SD.  I used the Print and Cut feature to write out "Happy Birthday" and "Annie".  I then used the "Annie" to make an outline, and then welded that with a rounded rectangle to get the "shape" of the book.  I stamped the edges using Ranger distress inks in Brick red (my flower stamp) and inked the edges with worn lipstick.  I used some fun "K and Company" papers.  I made the frame around her photo by distressing the edges with a sharp blade after stamping and inking with Ranger broken china distress ink.  I did lots of creasing and folding to get this effect.  I then used Ranger's distress stickles in peeled paint to accent the edges of the frame.  The whole book was spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Pearl.
I love texture...so of course I added some green lace behind the photo and a tiny purple flower gemstone.  An Antique Brass letter "A" finishes off the cover.  I did use some pink distress glitter on the edges.
All edges were stamped with one of the "background" stamps that I hand carved.  Papers were distressed in the same manner as I mentioned above.  I just used different colors for stamping and inking.  As mentioned before I took pictures that were available from her Facebook page.  She loves her family!
I love how the papers all coordinate for a "Happy and Fun" little artsy book.  I threw in some tiny pieces of a Christmas pick with the gemstones. Something about distressing the edges of the paper is very comforting...lol.
I really like the colors.  Each page has an opening at the top to hold a journaling tag.  So she will be able to write about what was memorable about these photos.  These pages are pretty chunky, due to the paper creasing etc.
It is hard to tell in the photos...but the glimmer mist is all over this paper.  I added a small charm on the right.  All techniques are the same as mentioned above.
This is my Favorite page.  I just LOVE Jerry!  He is super special.  He loves everyone!  I stamped and inked both sides of the paper that mats this photo.  Which allowed me to roll up the edges, and have design on both sides.  This page has the sentiment "Love is patient, Love is kind"...That is what Annie is to Jerry.
On this last page I added some flowers and one of my favorite antique buttons.
This was my first time using my "Cinch" by "We R Memory Keepers."  I used one inch rings by "Bind it all".  The "Cinch" was easy to use.
Here is the back of the album / Birthday Card, and the 4 journaling tags that slip into the top pockets of each page.  
My DH will be giving it to her today at lunch.


Hope you have a great day!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather