Sunday, November 14, 2010

Floral Mini Album

This is one of the first projects that I did when I bought my Silhouette SD.  I used the shapes that came with the program to design a mini album.  Unfortunately I dropped my computer and lost all my files.  I was pretty bummed about that.  I took a break (as if it were my Silhouette's fault...lol)...from designing mini albums.
Here is the first inside cover page.
I used Ranger Vintage Photo to distress the edges of the paper.  I used perfect pearls in gold to draw the veins on the leaves.  I used vintage photo and one of my hand carved stamps to stamp the background.  i used the Silhouette SD's print and cut feature to cut out the photo in the center.  I also applied Ranger's Glossy accents to some of the leaves and the flower center.
Below is another page of the album that I learned...you really have to glue pieces down well if you are applying Glossy Accents.  Otherwise they curl up!  The center to my one flower...just fell off...lol.  After Christmas...I am going to try and re-design it with my Silhouette SD.
Below is a close up of the inside cover from above.
Another thing I learned when doing this page, was to let all your distress ink dry...well....before adding perfect pearls.  Otherwise the perfect pearls sticks to all the inked areas (sometimes that is good..but not what I wanted).
Thanks for looking...and I hope to post this again...finished after the new year!
Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!!!
    I love the colors...and I love your new blog header!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather