Monday, November 15, 2010

Vintage Chic Snowflake Christmas Ornament 2

Once I finished the other ornie...I thought...I will do just one more.  This time I took some photos of the wire hanger.  All inking in this piece was done in the same manner as the 1st ornie I posted today.  Here is the second one below.
Like I mentioned above, I inked this and used the same colors of mists as I did in the previous ornament post.  The only difference being that I added the holly and berries die cut that I drew and then painted using GIMP.  I also applied some of Ranger's Barn Door distress stickles to the holly berries.
Here are the pieces after being inked.  Below is a close up of how I made the wire hook.  
Now that I have the loop started, I continued to twist the gold wire to add some height to it (this makes for a great space to add a ribbon embellishment).
 I punched the hole using my crop o dile, with the small hole punch. I then threaded both pieces of wire from back to front....then through the two holes in the button as seen below.
I then brought each piece of wire back up and crossed them behind the original long twisted wire piece.
Then I proceeded to use my bbq throw away skewer to curl the wire...to make curly qs.
I did the same to both sides.  Then I used elmers glue to adhere the candy to the pink scallop circle...and pop dots to adhere the scallop circle to the snow flake.  I used a drop of Ranger's glossy accents to hold the holly (just the berries) in place ( you could use a glue gun for this..it would dry quicker).
Here is the final hanger above, and the finished ornament or as I like to call them...ornies below.
Thanks for visiting...and I should have these die cuts available next week in my Etsy store.
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather