Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last Minute Gift (Another Post from an older Blog)

Here is the last minute gift that I made for Caleb's teacher. Caleb informed me on Wednesday (when I was finishing Gabe's Birthday cake) that his class was throwing a surprise baby shower for Mr. Mortenson on Friday. Thursday morning I ran out and bought a couple of books for Caleb to wrap. Thursday evening I began to fill guilty because I have all this scrapbooking stuff sitting here at the house....and yet I have done nothing with it. :-) At 9:30 pm I decided that yes....I would attempt to make a simple photo book as a gift. Of course Mr. and Mrs. Mortenson don't know if they are having a boy or a girl, so I just stuck with neutral/Manly colors...lol...since it was for Mr. Mortenson to carry around.
On the cover I used the Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook to make the tags. The paper was from the K & Company Small Wonders Designer Paper Pack. (FYI...somone...meaning Ginny...needs to give me some praise because I got off my bottom and went through all my stuff to see what paper/cartridges I used).
I also used Black Textured card stock from DCWV Neutrals. The Cricut Cartridge Accent Essentials was used for shapes on the pages. I wanted to use something that would work out well with a square photo (no one has problems cutting a square out of a picture...at least I think). I wanted to make sure they were big enough that the focus of a picture would fit in the squares....and then have a scalloped edge.
The stamps I believe were by Inkadinkado...but am not sure...because I took all my stamps out of their packages....I didn't label who made them (sorry). They were just cute little baby stamps.
Archival Ink in Jet Black by Ranger (I love Ranger products)! The lettering was done with Creative Memories Bold Tip markers that are older than Gabe (lol). They have a chisel edge so the writing can look like calligraphy.


The chipboard book that I used and the ribbon/fibers were purchased from Michaels dollar bins. Got to love a deal. Unfortunately I didn't have any other colors that matched...or I would of put a lot more stuff on the rings. I worked on this book from 9:30 pm till 11:00pm. Just like all my painted gifts.....this too was last minute. Thanks for looking!

XOXO to my BFF Ginny....because I am just now posting this (should of finished posting it last week), because she asked about it....and reminded me.


UPDATE:  October 2010
Didn't re-read this...but I recall that his teacher had not known if they were having a girl or a boy.  So I didn't get too into this project.  I guess it is my first finished mini book.  I tried to keep it simple...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather