Monday, December 20, 2010

365 Cards Day 290 Touchy Feely

Okay...so earlier today I warned you that lately I had been playing with my paints and brushes.  Below is a project that I have been working on for my DM for Christmas.  
I was inspired by two challenges on this one....
and another Winter White challenge.  The Winter White challenge you may only use White and one other color...and it can't be black.  If you use acrylic..you get an extra point.
So...it is not a card...it will be a wall hanging layout.  It is hard to tell, but it is a piece of acrylic...and I have it sitting on the back of a pad of paper...so it will show up.
I just have to get ink for my printer so I can get my photo of the boys.
Okay...I sketched out the drawing on Thursday...I think.  Started painting it...and then began to make some flowers.  I used my Big Shot to emboss the center piece...I used glitter on my flowers...and I have some white fibers....not quite lace or fabric...but it starts with an "F"...lol.
I will print out their names...and photos once I get that "whatever color" my printer thinks it needs to have...lol.  You can kind of see the embossing on the center piece.  Everything else is just paint.  I have a few layers on there...so it too has some texture to it.
Here is a close up of one of the flowers.  I painted the edges of it...and the holly leaves...and painted in the veins too.  You can see the glitter on the flowers.
Okay...so that is it...
Just call me a RULE BREAKER...LOL...but honestly I don't play to win anything...I just like to be inspired...and hope to inspire you!
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful project, and I'm glad it was partially inspired by a 365 Cards challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather